Sunday 25 March 2012

Onslow and the grasshopper

It was a confrontation of David and Goliath proportions.


The grasshoppers have been very busily chewing their way though much of my garden. As the combatants eyed each other off, it seemed Onslow might finally have a chance to earn his keep and make amends for all the plants he has dug up.

The quarry was examined from every angle.





Even taste tested on more than one occasion.


So, when the little green guy made his final break, I decided he had earned his freedom.


After all, there was one unchewed cosmos left, and, with the addition of some miniature dahlias, pentas, and salvia, that was all I needed for a posy.

6 comments:

  1. Too cute. What a big brave boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing I have seen all week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! My dogs love chasing bugs. I just wish they'd go after the mouse that keeps visiting our pantry! Thanks for your kind words about my dog. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is cute as a button, frequently naughty, but the most affectionate little fellow you could imagine!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...