Sunday 8 January 2012

Happy New Year

A bit slow I know, but this is my first post for of 2012, and we are off to a flying start to the new year here at Casa Bella. Yesterday was particularly full-on. I took Onslow off to dog training in the morning (and he did very well, considering how our practice sessions had gone by the board over the holiday season break). Our session was watched over by a big red kangaroo in the adjoining paddock, but, although I had my camera in the car, I didn't manage to capture a photo...maybe next time. After that, we called in at long-time friends on a rural property, where Onslow had a wonderful time playing with their dogs and frolicking in their dam, and then when finally homeward bound, I had a most serendipitous find.

I am always on the lookout for new pots and decided to call in at Templex Nursery in Algester to check out their selection, and I discovered much more than I had bargained for.  It wasn't possible to tell from the fleeting glimpses I had of the nursery as we usually sped past on the busy road in front, but it was in fact also a sculpture garden with a amazing collection of the wacky and whimsical, and I do love a little whimsy in the garden. I couldn't linger for very long with Onslow in the car, but will definitely be heading back to check out their plant collection properly.





Girls on the Avenue


Nature herself being quirky. These gourds looked like Chinese lanterns.












The family tree?




The odd couple - Cleo and ET!












Ever have the feeling you are being watched?




3 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun place! I hope you go back and get something fabulous for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! A sense of humor is a must for gardeners. What a fun statement these would make in a garden. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed a look at this fabulous nursery. What a great place! Lots of lovely things there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...