Thursday 2 June 2011

From drab to fab!

Not quite in keeping with a garden theme, and not exactly an adventure, but the excitement levels were high at Casa Bella earlier this week when I had some of my paintings rehung above the staircase.
Some had been stored away for a while. They may not be the most perfectly coordinated collection, but they are all special to me in their own different ways - a tapa from Tonga, an antique still life that was my first art purchase more than 20 years ago, recent treasures from Sri Lanka, and watercolours from my wonderful Auntie Eil...

I've swapped a couple round already and am going to have great fun arranging and rearranging (and adding to the collection!)  I think it will look even better when I paint the walls, ceiling and banister railing white - but that's a project for another day.
I'm loving fiona sutherland's gorgeous redhead "Onwards" at the top of the stairs, looking down over us all! I bought her towards the end of last year becaue she reminds me of my gorgeous nieces, Bethany and Yazzi. I think I might just permanently close the door of the tv cabinet and feast my eyes on old friends and new.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful collection of art...I like what you did with them. I especially like the large panel piece at the bottom of the stairs.
    Wanted to take a moment and thank you for solving the mystery plant. You were right on. And now we have looked up information on it and discovered it can't be watered with hard water...must be bottled or filtered...hence the browning of some the leaves. Much appreciated. And thanks for stopping in at Maggie's garden. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...